Boudoir and the glamour photographer is a question or situation that appears many times in our career. As you may or may not know, I am known for having an opinion that is…different than others, but is unique and all my own. I have my feelings because…well…they are mine. I have many people try and “educate” me and while I’m not saying I can’t learn, I have come to a lot of my reasoning by virtue of experience.
Boudoir photography for me is exactly no different than glamour photography.
That’s right, I said it!
I am of the opinion that the only difference between the two is boudoir photographers tend to make more money because people have been trained to think that boudoir means something to pay for. How do I say this? What proof do I have? Let’s break down a boudoir and glamour session from client side, then photographer side:
- Clients range in age from 20-60 years of age.
- Clients are looking for a “fantasy” session.
- Clients are looking for a boost of confidence or acknowledgement that they are still as good today, as they were yesterday.
- Clients are paying for the experience first, product second.
- Clients are shot by photographers who are able to look at the client as a person, a sexual person (not sexy, sexual) and bring that out.
- Clients present the images to someone special and hopefully, appreciated by said person.